Effective Date: January, 2017
- INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
We automatically collect Telematics Information from engine and related equipment in your vehicle in the course of, or as a result of, the operation or use of this equipment, including:
- Location / geo-location information
- Engine performance data
- Equipment performance data
- Equipment identification information
- Engine and equipment ownership information
- Engine parameters
- Equipment parameters such as DOT number, carrier name, and cycle rule
- Equipment load info such as equipment length, weight, height, and hazardous material status
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or your local dealer for more information or details about the Telematics Information we collect.
- HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We use this Telematics Information to:
- Enable the sharing of data associated with your equipment relating to fault, performance and configuration of Zed Connect engines and other Zed Connect components and assemblies on equipment
- Enable research and development activities associated with the telematics service provider’s products and services or Zed Connect products and services
- Enable Zed Connect to provide certain data analytics, diagnostic, maintenance and repair services relating to Zed Connect engines and related components and assemblies
- Enable telematics service provider to provide additional value added features to our customers
We share your Telematics Information with you (or the applicable customer subscribing to our telematics services), Zed Connect employees, and Zed Connect affiliates and subsidiaries.
In addition to the sharing described elsewhere in this Policy, we will share Telematics Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Zed Connect when we have your consent to do so.
Legal Proceedings. We will share Telematics Information with third party companies, organizations or individuals outside of Zed Connect if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet any applicable law, regulation, subpoena, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Enforce agreements between you and Zed Connect, including investigation of potential violations.
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Zed Connect, our customers or the public as required or permitted by law.
- ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND CHOICES
You can find out what Telematics Information we have collected from you and still have in our possession by contacting email@example.com. If you have questions about your Telematics Information you can contact your local dealer, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (888) 315-9788.
- SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard physical, technical and administrative security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of your Telematics Information. However, since the Internet and other networks used to transmit and store Telematics Information are not 100% secure environments, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant the security of your Telematics Information. There is no guarantee that Telematics Information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information.
- CONSENT TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA IN UNITED STATES
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), in order to provide our Telematics Services to you, we may send and store your Telematics Information outside of the EEA, including to the United States. Accordingly, your Telematics Information may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your Telematics Information. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Telematics Information when it is transferred. Where such transfers occur, we take appropriate steps to provide the same level of protection for the processing carried out in any such countries as within the EEA to the extent feasible under applicable law. By using and accessing our telematics services, customers who reside or are located in countries outside of the United States agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of Telematics Information on servers located outside of the country where they reside, and that the protection of such information may be different than required under the laws of their residence or location.
- QUESTIONS AND HOW TO CONTACT US