With the US ELD mandate fast approaching and starting live TODAY, here is a refresher on who is exempt from the ELD mandate.
Who is exempt from the ELD mandate ?
1. 100 air mile radius drivers (short haul / local driving operations)
2. 150 air mile radius non-CDL freight drivers
3. If a driver transports agricultural commodities from the source of the commodities
4. Required to prepare a paper record of duty status (RODS) for not more than 8 days during any 30 day period
5. Conduct “drive away – tow away” operations – when the vehicle is the commodity
5. Driving vehicles with engines manufactured before model year 2000
These drivers are exempt from recording the driving and on duty working hours performed as required per ELD mandate
*One air mile = 1.1508 statute miles*
To learn more about how ZED Connect helps you easily meet ELD compliance check out our Youtube channel for ELD Mandate training video playlists and more on ZED Connect Mobile for ELD compliance